About Dr. J.P.S. Sawhney:
Dr JPS Sawhney is the senior consultant cardiologist, chief clinical and preventive cardiology, chairman department of cardiology and member board of management at Sir Gangaram hospital at New Delhi, India. He is a graduate from Sambalpur University, postgraduate and postdoctoral DM course from PGI Chandigarh. He is a recipient of many Oration awards and gold medals including Rashtriya Rattan and Indian Medical association’s special award. He is a fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC), European society of cardiology (FESC) and member of American Heart association, European society of Heart failure and European Society of Preventive cardiology.
His area of interest is clinical and preventive cardiology. He has been a pioneer in initiating global clinical trials, preventive and cardiac rehabilitation in private setup hospitals. Along with being Principal Investigator to global landmark trials he has authored many articles and chapters in journals and books of national and international repute. His pioneering work also includes promotion of group practice to improve patient care and to develop medical sub-specialties. He has delivered more than 400 guest lectures on prevention of cardiovascular diseases at national and international forums including international conferences held at Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Egypt, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, Canada, China, Switzerland and U.S.A. etc.
About Our Practice:
Best services and support for all your health needs is our foremost aim at Sawhney Heart Centre and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.. Sawhney Heart Centre and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital are the most modem clinics located in New Delhi, providing state of the art medical facilities and health service with a human touch.
Cardiovascular diseases are the commonest cause of death globally. During last 20 years a large decline in mortality from CVD has been observed in developed nation but a substantial increase has been experienced by developing nation like India. It is estimated that India has largest burden of Cardio Vascular Disease in the world more so in younger population.
The increasing evidence of heart attacks in younger population resulting is increase cost of evaluation and treatment (PTCA & Bypass surgery) & loss of working days – will affect the family, society & nation as a whole. In other words medical and economic consequences will be substantial for our country. An understanding of the risk factors causing premature CVD will be essential to develop strategies for prevention of Heart attacks & its epidemic in future.
Prevention is always better than cure. It is true for our country which is passing through a developing phase. We cannot afford to have expensive treatment like Ballooning (PTCA) and Bypass surgery .Rather we should try to delay the onset of disease. We all should adopt healthy life style so that we can prevent the occurrence of risk factors (primordial prevention). These risk factors should be effectively treated to prevent onset of heart disease (primary prevention) those who are suffering heart disease should prevent the recurrence of heart attack (secondary prevention).
Population based societal changes aiming at lowering the risk factors through life style modification will be a key factor. This approach is simple, affordable and effective but population needs to be educated by health care providers.
Sawhney Heart Centre:
- 1. Cardiology clinic – For all cardiac patients:
- ◊ Specialized in preventive check up
- ◊ Using WHO Risk Score- Can detect early vulnerable patient at risk of future cardiac problems like Heart Attack, Transient Ischemia Attack, and Stroke etc.
- 2. Electrocardiogram
- 3. Blood Sugar Glucometer
- 4. Holter Monitoring
- 5. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- 6. Prothrombin time (PT /INR) by coagulometer
- 7. V-Scan 2D Echo- Screening Echo
- 8. Collection Centre for all Laboratory Investigation: Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology etc.
Sir Ganga Ram Hosptital:
- 1. Non Invasive Cardiology - Echocardiography ,Holter, Stress test, C coronary angiography, Cardiac evaluation, Cardiac MRI, Nuclear Cardiology, V/Q Scan, PET scan.
- 2. Invasive Cardiology – Coronary agiography,Coronary angioplasty, Rotabalation,Balloning of stenosed valves.
- 3. Electrophysiology - Radiofrequency abalation treatment for arrhythmia, pacemaker and device implantation ( AICD, CRT-P and CRT-D)
- 4. Adult cardiac surgery - Bypass surgery,Valvularsurgery,HOCM surgery, Thrombotic PAH surgery.
- 5. Paeditric cardiac surgery.
- 6. Paeditric Cardiology Intervention - Device closure for ASD, PDA, VSD, Pacemaker implantation etc.
- 7. Heart transplant.
- 8. Cardiac rehabilitation